In two weeks I will be teaching a workshop on this subject. In preparation, I would like to share with you a few ideas that I will be talking about. I have posed them in the form of questions:
1) How has did our ancestor’s diet differ from the one we have today?
2) What are the changes in our food source and why?
3) What are the organs that make up the “gut”?
4) Why is our gut important for immunity?
5) How are the thyroid hormones affected by our gut?
6) Do you know that many prescription ant-acids, proton pump inhibitors, etc may be creating or contributing to a ph imbalance of your stomach acid?
7) Why is good gut bacteria needed?
The following symptoms and illnesses may be cause by poor regulation of your gut, immune system and thyroid:
Indigestion and bloating
Burping or gas after meals
Excessive fullness or discomfort after meals
Constipation and/or diarrhea
Chronic intestinal infections
Undigested food in stools
Food allergies, intolerance and sensitivities
Chronic Fatigue Mineral and nutrient deficiencies
Dry skin or hair, weak or cracked nails
Any autoimmune disease diagnosis.
8) How can Chinese Medicine and Diet heal the gut?
I look forward to seeing you at the workshop!
Sharon McDermott, L. Ac.
Quote of the Day:
“A gem is not polished without rubbing, nor a man perfected without trials” -Chinese proverb